JOB OPENING – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Africville Heritage Trust is currently welcoming applications from individuals with a professional background in Administrative Assistance.
The Administrative Assistant will perform specialized tasks related to the administrative requirements for the office, including reception. The individual should be comfortable working in an office environment, while having a professional, helpful and friendly manner and should regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Assists in the communication of information; produces, formats and edits documents, including correspondence, reports, briefings and presentations.
- Coordinates the flow of correspondence – handles mail, email, faxes and courier deliveries.
- Greet and announce clients, applicants and visitors in a professional manner.
- Handle and direct incoming calls. Ensure all phones and voicemail systems are in working order and make appropriate service calls.
- Record minutes of meetings and discussions as required
- Maintains appointment calendars using outlook, make travel arrangements and meeting arrangements and ensure all equipment is available and operational.
- Schedule appointments and make sure meeting rooms are booked.
- Reviews incoming emails and sorts them into categories
- Sort and distribute incoming / outgoing mail and couriers, performing tracers when required
- Assist with research / resource, updating lists, packages, mailings, etc.
- Order office supplies through direction of management.
- Assist with typing, filing, photocopying and miscellaneous office responsibilities as required by management.
To qualify for the selection process, you must possess the following:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Well groomed, professional attire and friendly when dealing with internal and external clients, while remaining calm and positive under pressure
- Post-secondary education is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with executive level correspondence, travel arrangements, calendar management and recording minutes
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel; PowerPoint, G-Suite and Google Drive.
- Strong working knowledge of the phone and voicemail systems
- Possess diplomacy, professionalism and maintaining company standards at all times
- Highly motivated and have the ability to take initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a friendly positive attitude
- Attention to detail with strong skills in proofreading and editing documentation
- Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Highly developed organizational skills with ability to multi-task
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 19th, 2021.
For more information about the Africville Heritage Trust, please visit www.africvillemuseum.org